August is National Peach Month, and to celebrate, Power Pressure Cooker XL reviews how to can peaches using the Power Pressure Cooker XL.
First, Power Pressure Cooker XL reviews how its canning feature works. The Power Pressure Cooker XL has many great benefits that are intended to make life easier in the kitchen, and one of the most useful and unique advantages of this digital pressure cooker is its ability to can food to preserve for later.
After setting the food that you want to preserve aside, the canning process is fairly simple. Fill a mason jar with prepared food and apply the screw-on lid. Place the canned food into the boiling water that’s in the inner pot of your Power Pressure Cooker XL, and then set the timer accordingly. For canning in the Power Pressure Cooker XL, make sure the jars you’re using are 16 ounces or smaller.
When the timer goes off, remove the hot jar from the water. This causes the heat to begin to escape, which in turn takes the air in the jar with it. The escaping oxygen pulls the lid on tightly and creates the airtight seal that keeps food preserved. Store your canned food in a cool, dark place for maximum preservation results.
Now you’re ready for the Power Pressure Cooker XL to review the art of canning peaches.
- 10 peaches
- 2 cups water
- 75 cup sugar
- To easily peel peaches, boil a pot of water and make an ‘X’ with a knife to score the peach on the bottom, place the peaches into the boiling water, wait 2 minutes and place the hot peaches into an ice bath. The skin should then remove easily.
- Cut peaches in half and place them in jars.
- To make the syrup for the peaches, place the sugar and water into the Power Pressure Cooker XL’s inner pot and press the “Chicken/Meat” button. Bring to a boil for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the syrup into the jars of peaches until it reaches 1” from the top.
- Using a spatula, gently press between the peaches and the jar to release any trapped air bubbles.
- Clean the rims with white vinegar and seal.
- Place the jars into the cleaned inner pot with water ¼ of the way up the jars.
- Secure the lid of the Power Pressure Cooker XL and turn the steam release valve to “closed.”
- Press the “Canning/Preserving” button and the “Time Adjustment” button until you reach 20 minutes.
- When the time runs out and the steam has been released, remove the lid and carefully remove the jars using the canning tongs that come with the Power Pressure Cooker XL.